Sunday, April 5, 2015

Elsie and A River Runs To It.

These paintings are based on a reference photo taken from paintmyphoto.ning.org. Elise was completed today and A River Runs Through It was done last Sunday.  I have typically been working with gesso board, but larger paintings can get heavy because of the board, so I have been doing anything 12x12 or larger on canvas. I recently came across two great painters whose styles are similar that I like very much. They are Claire McCall (http://www.clairemccallartist.com/) and Curt Butler (http://www.butlerstudio.org/) These paints were inspired by their style (though admittedly they are not up to their level, but I am still studying and learning).  Both paintings had a cadmium red ochre acrylic underpainting. On the marsh painting, I intended for more to show through, but I love the effect it has for Elsie. Elsie is on 12x12 canvas and A River Runs To It is 12x24 on canvas.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home